Mostly because I'm hungry. But also when I'm bored, frustrated, sad, moody, anxious, happy, the list goes on. It's not just comfort foods that comfort me, it's all food. I need to ask myself, why do I need so much comfort? Frankly, I think I get enough comfort in my life and it's like money, the more you have the more you want. I'm just plain greedy with my desire for food. Maybe if I have an action plan for doing other things instead of stuffing my face when I'm feeling emotional that would be helpful.
I love to do so many things and a lot of times I'm overwhelmed by everything that I turn to food because it something I can start and finish in one sitting. I have all these responsibilities that I'm juggling that I can't even afford to blink. Food is simple and makes me feel better. My guess is if I can organize all the chaos in my life I won't feel so overwhelmed.
Here's some things I could do when I'm feeling like I need to do some emo-eating:
Journal, read, garden, play with my kids, nap, scrapbook, organize paperwork, clean, call a friend, sew, build my business, paint my nails, laugh.
I need to see how much food occupies not only my stomach but my time and my mind as well. There's so many more productive things I can be doing rather than thinking about what I want to eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks in between.
Today, I had no desire to exercise. I tried on a pair of shorts I used to wear a lot a few months ago and can't zip up anymore. I didn't eat until 11:30 in the morning and had 3 pieces of leftover chicken katsu, a handful of rice and a spoonful of macaroni salad. Then, I ate 2 handfuls of pistachio nuts, a couple of macadamia nuts and 2 spoons of haagen daz butter pecan ice cream. Looks like I'm literally going nuts! For dinner I had a cup of rice and some richly butter basted turkey breast and a slice of dark meat with a bacon-potato salad and a little heap of canned corn. As I'm writing this I want to open up the new pint of ice cream I bought before new year's. But, I'm going to resist the urge and finish my glass of ice water, take a shower and cuddle up with my husband and baby boy.
Maybe tomorrow I'll get up the nerve to do some yoga.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment