Monday, January 4, 2010

Fat Again In Twenty Ten

Ugh! Here I am starting a new year with the same old resolution: Lose weight. I've thoroughly enjoyed our Thanksgiving & Christmas feasts & festivities and now my fat pants don't fit. I refuse to buy any new clothes in a bigger size because I know it'll just encourage me to fill those out too. I'm a good 20lbs overweight and have been for a long time. I'm 31, married with 5 kids. I absolutely despise exercise and love food especially the salty, fried, cheesy carb loaded kinds. I'm hoping to change my lifestyle and not just lose the weight.

It's been really hard because I fool myself when I'm hungry that I'm not that fat. But, when it's Saturday night and I'm getting ready to go out with my husband I hate trying to squeeze myself into bulge revealing outfits. I have some serious bipolar feelings about my weight & body image. If I'm not looking directly in the mirror, I think I look thinner than a lot of other women in the world. Then I pass by a store window and see my reflection and deny that the fat person looking back at me is well, me.

So, my hope is this blog will help me to come to terms with the truth and stop living in denial. I'm fat and I need to get healthy. Especially for the sake of my family. I don't want to be carrying around this extra weight any longer and really want next year's resolution to be anything other than losing weight. Maybe getting out of debt!

No comments:

Post a Comment