Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Grim Outlook

The past couple of days have been very busy for me. Turns out occupying my time with production keeps me away from the fridge (for longer intervals anyway). So, for the most part things have been good. Today I had a job cleaning our rental apartment and I was breaking a sweat (which is a rare occurrence for me). I had a little bowl of captain crunch cereal with some 2% milk. I usually drink skim or 1% but we ran out. Then I had 3/4 of a mountain dew. I wasn't too hungry when I came home but I looked in the fridge out of habit. Later I popped in 2 bite-sized shortbread cookies while dinner was cooking: shrimp stir-fry and rice. It was a much smaller portion than I usually gobble down and I felt rather satisfied. My sister-in-law later forced me to drink a delicious glass of white wine and I topped it off with one chocolate covered macadamia nut. So, not the most nutritious day but overall I think I did rather well considering I can sit down to 3 hearty meals plus snacks in between. My hope is tomorrow will be a more health conscious day without focusing on quantity only.

I'm still not excited about exercising even though I had a scary vision thanks to a woman working at the laundromat yesterday. As laundromats can have that time slowing effect as you literally wait for water to dry, I found myself observing every little thing. I noticed this older woman, maybe in her 60's pulling out clothes from a dryer and saw she had some nice legs for a woman her age. She was wearing shorts but the large top half didn't match the bottom, like she was 2 different people. She reminded me of me. I have an apple shaped figure (which according to Dr. Oz means trouble) and I've gotten a lot of compliments on my legs over the years...especially from my husband. But the other 2/3rds of my body is disproportionate to my apparently sexy stems. I thought that she could be me someday if I don't do something about my weight. That's definitely not a future I want to look forward to.

To make matters worse, I was flipping through the channels yesterday with my 2-year-old and I paused on the "Shimmy" program on fitTV aka belly dancing. My son says, "Go, mommy. Go do it." So, I obeyed and like a toddler had the attention span of 5 minutes until it went to commercial. I did like it so maybe I'll try it again tomorrow...for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment